Friday, April 29, 2011

New Aussie Assistant Lands at Poppies & Posies


Thursday April 28th, 2011
Poppies & Posies have signed on a new assistant, me! Fresh from Down Under and now living happily in Carroll Gardens, I'm becoming accustomed to being mistaken for being British, have happily waited over an hour for a double Shake Shack burger, and have sung my lungs out at Second on Second on a seedy Tuesday night. I'm looking forward to many new adventures in my new hometown and to exploring many strange but wonderful things to blog about to my friends & family back home in Melbourne...


Welcome to my first post for Poppies & Posies! I am so honored to be a part of Sierra & Juliet's wonderful, creative team. Today: my first big assignment: assisting Sierra this afternoon at the Timberland Fall 2011 Collection Preview -


Our setting, the Bell Book & Candle: 141 W 10th St, New York (btwn 6th & 7th Ave), which served a delicious assortment of Mexican-inspired tapas and has a unique, environmentally-friendly roof-top garden that sprouts lettuces, herbs and other produce which they proudly serve up on their menu.

The lovely team at Timberland were so excited about our "Potting Station" - a setup of potting mix, small pebbles for natural drainage in the pot, gorgeous little tin pots, and an assortment of seedlings: cream and violet pansies, and herbs - such as mint, sage, thyme and oregano (American-emphasis: OH-REG-GA-NO. My Aussie-emphasis: OH-RE-GAH-NO.)


Adorned in Timberland aprons and gloves, the guests were eager to get down and dirty, potting their own individual pots and carting them home to flourish.
Demonstrating my adept and skillful botanical skills, I encouraged each eager potter to "gently massage the roots" - of each new plant, to ensure each plant's root system was encouraged to adapt to their new environment.

Looking forward to my next adventurous assignment for P & P,

Signing off,
Shell V.

No comments:

Post a Comment